The Enneagram: A Powerful Tool to Understanding and Healing Relationships
November 19, 2011 / 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Personal relationships are the foundation upon which we grow and strive and become our best and truest selves. How does our personality style help or hinder the process of our most important and precious intimate relationships? How can we better comprehend the other to mindfully broaden, deepen and enrich such relationships?
The enneagram personality typology is an elegantly balanced system for understanding the subtle shadings of human personality through a blend of modern psychology and ancient spiritual practice and insight. Since the eneagram system has direct application in both personal and career relationships, it has increasingly been used by corporate training and human relations professionals.
Join David Banner Ph.D. for a daylong interactive exploration of the many gifts and challenges of our long practiced – little understood – patterns of attention in love and work.
Within the context of the enneagram we will explore ways to observe and manage attitudes, feelings, reactions and behaviors that repeatedly come up in the dynamic of interacting with spouses, partners, family (including children), friends and professional colleagues. While some knowledge of the enneagram and awareness of one’s personality type is helpful, it is not essential for this workshop.
This workshop is appropriate for both single participants and couples.
- Discover the strengths and weaknesses of your enneagram type.
- Appreciate how your type interacts with your partner’s type.
- Develop understanding and compassion for someone with a different type
- Create a plan to nourish your relationship based upon what you have learned.
- Combine basic mindfulness and the enneagram to better understand yourself and your relationships.
- David Banner Ph.D. – David is an enthusiastic educator who has taught various business subjects at numerous American and foreign universities and led the establishment of the Viterbo University MBA program. He has authored several books, most recently, “Frameshifting: A Path to Wholeness”. He has trained extensively in the tradition and use of the enneagram in many settings. His workshop on relationships has been especially helpful to many.
- Mark L. Taylor MA LPC – Mark is the founder of the RoundRiver Institute LLC and a licensed psychotherapist who uses many principles from Buddhist psychology and mindfulness in his work with a variety of clients and clinical issues. Developing an objective, mindful awareness of reflexive mental and emotional patterns of belief is an essential relationship skill. Mindful personal awareness in combination with a basic understanding of one’s enneagram type can lead to greater understanding, compassion for self and other and peace in relationships.
What to bring: Journal and pen, water bottle and a dish to pass. RoundRiver is in the lovely rural Romance Valley, so please dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes. Bring slippers or warm socks for indoors.
Lunch details: In order to keep the cost of the workshop as affordable as possible the lunch is potluck. We will provide fruit snacks and have the RoundRiver soup pot filled with a nutritious vegetarian soup.
Personal investment $63: Register and pre-pay by Nov. 16 and Receive 10% discount ($56.70). Register and pre-pay with your partner or a friend and you both receive an additional 10% discount ($50.40).
For more information or to register:
Call (608) 483-2730.
Or Visit: www.round-river2000.com
Checks for payment can be made out and sent to:
RoundRiver Institute LLC
PO Box 35
Genoa, WI 54632-0035
How to register:Click here for a registration form you can print and mail
or register by phone at at (608) 483-2730